Mr. Afzal Ali Shigri
Name: Afzal Ali Shigri
Office address: 1st Floor, Eastern Hall, Plot No. 38/w, Khalid Plaza,
Jinnah Avenue, Blue Area, Islamabad
Contact: +92(0)51-2870852-3, Cell 0300-8502226
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Graduation Gordon College Rawalpindi
- ASP Police training Sardah.
- Manpower management Victoria University Manchester
- Mid-Career Management Course – NIPA
- Crisis management security course State Department, USA.
- Senior Management Course,Pakistan Administrative Staff College
- Study Tours/conferences UK, Japan, Sri Lanka and France, USA & Aruba
Joined Police Service of Pakistan – 1968. Retired in 2002. Served the Police department for 34 years all over Pakistan as Assistant Superintendent of Police, Superintendent of Police, Deputy Inspector General of Police and Inspector General Police (IGP). Held the senior posts of IG Sindh, Commandant National Police Academy, Commandant Frontier Constabulary and Director General National Police Bureau.
Law enforcement, management of manpower/resources at a large scale, dealt with large scale disorder, organized crime and terrorism.
Worked in the federal secretariat as DS, JS and Additional Secretary in Establishment Division, Health Division & Cabinet Division
Social Work/Reform Experience
- Member of the Board of Directors for Aga Khan Rural Support Program for Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral for a period of sixteen years.
- Vice Chairman of Association for the Rights of the People of Jammu and Kashmir (ARJK)
- Member of the Think Tank in the NRB and participated in preparing the Police Plan and the Police Order 2002 for reforming the police structures in Pakistan Two years
- Member Board of Governors of National Education Foundation for eighteen months.
- Chairman/Member – Senate Karakuram International University for two years
- Presently Managing Trustee of Marafie Foundation Pakistan since 2003. (An NGO wrking in education and health sectors in Gilgit-Baltistan
Pakistan Police Medal and Quaid-E-Azam Police Medal for gallantry